Experienced design engineer and CAD operator with an expertise and background in using computer aided systems to produce complete fabrication, assembly and installation drawings and/or graphics. Detail driven with outstanding communication skills and proven success interfacing with both customers and co-workers. Assumes mentor role and interacts well with diverse personalities.
ICON IDENTITY SOLUTIONS
April 2012 to present
Design, engineer and develop signage and component products to a customer’s image requirements.
- Using AutoCAD system to produce complete fabrication, assembly, and installation drawings and/or graphics.
- Performing structural analysis on steel and aluminum frames.
- Translating engineering concepts into finished sign designs to effectively meet customer specifications.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing processes related to metal, plastic, vinyl, electrical lighting and construction principles related to sign installation.
- Incorporating principles for manufacturability, value engineering, and installation requirements.
- Creating and maintaining families of standard pylons, monuments and wall signs and other product commodities, using standard and special extrusions with cross-sections and details.
- Developing and revising engineering standard.
- Creating and maintaining Bill of Materials.
- Standardize components for ease of manufacturing and cost control.
- Assuring compliance with approved methods and quality standards.
- Using creativity and latitude in product design and construction.
- Designing product to maximize material yield and improve productivity.
- Keeping inventory control through standardization of components
- Providing technical support for sign site surveys and field installation problems.
Technically skilled in the following software:
- AutoCAD 2004 to 2012
- Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Microsoft Office
Des Plaines Toastmasters (Since Feb. 2012) – Website
- Competent Communicator (CC)
- Competent Leader (CL)